We are looking for a skilled Network Technician to undertake tasks of network development and maintenance. You will be responsible for designing the network in ways that optimize its performance.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with a great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of the business.
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long-term efficiency of the network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Proven experience as a network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field